Saturday 14 March 2015

1920s | Great Gatsby Inspired

(Pictures above were all found from Pinterest)
 


 





 
Being a lover of the Great Gatsby I wanted to recreate an inspired glammed up look from the 1920s. I think beauty around that time was very beautiful, they wore mostly dark reddish or nude lips with either a wing or grey toned eye shadow. The eyebrows were a lot more lighter and the base makeup was more like natural skin. The products I used were:
  • Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation
  • Mac Prolongwear Concealer
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
  • Body Shop honey bronzer
  • Naked 2 palette (Pistol, Verve and booty call)
  • Body Shop liquid eyeliner
  • Loreal Paris False Lash Architect mascara
  • Kate Moss 107 lipstick
I didn't wear anything on my lips for the first option I only wore my lip balm which was the baby lips clear one. For the hair all I did was curl it, then using a hair band I did a really loose ponytail and then used two butterfly clips and hid the pony and just pulled on my hair a little to make it give a bob affect. In the 1920s short hair was the thing, kind of like the trend at the moment.
I really enjoyed doing this post. I have been meaning to do it now for a long time as well as others from different eras which I have planned for so they are on my to do list.
 
Love Kirsty
x

No comments:

Post a Comment