Wednesday 6 May 2015

China themed Met gala 2015...Best Dresses!

If you were unaware it was the met gala on Monday...if you were also unaware I am sharing with you my favourite gowns from the event! If you are interested to read more about my favourites from last years met gala, held in Cannes, then click here!

Before I begin, the theme for this years met gala was 'China: Through the looking glass' but there is also a theme of the favourite garments I chose...they are ALL red.
Anyway, Amal Clooney AKA George Clooney's wife; looked absolutely stunning in this John Galliano tiered dress. I love the  detail on the upper body as well as the tiered bottom half. It is very intriguing and it brings dimension to the gown.

WOW! Gigi Hadid in a DVF design looking beautiful as ever. I was scrolling through instagram ready to see all of the red carpet photos and Gigi was by far the best dressed from what I had seen. The detailing in the chest area, the v shape neck, the slit showing the shoes! *Enters heart face emoji right now* I am in awe with this look... she looks flawless! BTW she is my favourite model at the moment.
Bee Shaffer in Alexander McQueen! This is what I call China! The pattern definitely hits the theme perfectly! She just looks beautiful in this gown...im speechless!





Shu Pei Qin (Chinese model) wearing Tommy Hilfiger. I love the long sleeves and V neck covered in embellishments!


Helen Mirren wearing Dolce and Gabbana. Wowww i love the cut out effect to show the pattern and detail of the china inspired gown. Helen is looking very sleek and very classy! Truly stunning! 
Favourite Makeup

Rosie Huntington's Makeup looked gorgeous at the Met Gala and was by far my favourite! I love how the skin looks flawless with a lovely bronzed summery feel. Making the lips the main focus which I am totally in love with. It reminds me of Mac Dubbonet which I actually own so I'm going to try this look one day. I also love how her hair compliments the makeup, very classy.
Hope you have enjoyed reading this years Met gala post!
The Twins
x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment