Thursday 13 August 2015

The Little Black Book Of Style- Book Review

 

 
 
The Little Black Book Of Style- written by Nina Garcia and illustrated by Ruben Toledo. This book is the most informative book I have read so far about fashion. Nina gives you advice about being yourself and showing your personality through your style. My favourite chapter is chapter 6; this is because it acknowledges the time eras from the 1920s up to the 2000s, telling you what you should know in that time period within the trends and designers that highlighted that era! Also my favourite chapter is chapter 2 which basically tells you staple pieces you need to invest in....I like this chapter a lot because it has a lot of excuses for me to make for when I 'need' to buy a staple item that may be a little (a lot)  expensive! Although I have stated my favourite parts of the book I absolutely love every page of it, I have learnt quite a bit from this book that is essential to understand in the fashion industry so I recommend to anyone wanting to work in the fashion industry and/or wanting to adapt to their style. The only thing I would change about this book is to add images of the people  Nina Garcia mentioned when she stated her favourite look on them (only as I had to type in on google images the people she was presenting).
Hayley
X


No comments:

Post a Comment