Saturday 10 May 2014

Fashion police blogger style #Metgala

Hello beautiful people today's post is reviewing some chosen dresses from the met gala, this is a collaboration with Caitlin http://eatsleepandfashion.blogspot.co.uk ! We have done 4 likes and 2 dislikes on both blogs so go check out Caitlin's blog :)

Likes:

Me (Hayley) - My favourite dress from the Met gala was no question Kendall Jenner's who's wearing topshop!! She looked so beautiful and the dress fitted her perfectly. The tailoring of Kendall's dress is beautiful the way it shows of her figure is perfect. The pearl pink colour of the dress compliments Kendall's skin tone and the necklace is perfect for her look. Overall Kendall looks flawless!!Love,love,love!! Also the mermaid bottom of the dress gives the finished look and makes the dress more individual!! Topshop did an amazing job on Kendall's,Jourdan Dunn,Toni Garns and Chanel Imans dresses!
My 2nd favourite dress was Beyoncè who wore Givenchy. She looked beautiful in her black beaded Givenchy Courture!! The veil and 3D detailing makes the dress captivating as well as elegant! For some strange reason I feel she has put a modern twist to a 30's dress, maybe it's just the head accesorie that reminds me of the 30's (now it sounds like I was born then but it reminds me of the great gatsby or something like that) As always Beyoncè looked perfect especially how the slit in the dress and low v neck showed her figure but it was quite subtle not something major ,it was respectful.
Caitlin's Favourites
Niomi Watts- I love this dress she looks like a classy ombrè mermaid!! I like that the dress is just mesh with the little scales on, and the transparent section at the bottom keeps it playful but still sophisticated. I am a fan of a high neck line and long sleeves so I obviously love that aspect of the dress! 
Lea Michelle- This whole look is just timeless and elegant. For me at first glance I was undecided about  the ruffled material in the middle, but after looking again I just think it works. Lea could have easily gone  for a short prom style dress and looked child-ish, but she went for a Classic Hollywood glamour look and showed that she is a mature young woman with a great sense of style.
Dislikes:
Hayley- Zoe Saldana who's wearing Michael Kors. I dislike this dress because the bottom looks like a curtain that decided to go in and out. It's creative and daring to wear however I don't think it suited a red carpet. The halter neck dress is not my cup of tea however some people may like the dress so yeah that's all I really have to say about it.
Caitlin- Cara Delevinge well ..... I don't know what to say about this! It's not a bad look and she pulls it off well, buts it's just not right for this type of occasion! It looks like she is going to a party not a Met Gala which is crammed full of celebrities! I do like the fact that she has been brave enough to wear trousers to a posh event but I just think, unfortunately, it has back fired!
That's the end of our analysis of the Met Gala hope you enjoyed today's post , I would like to do these review blogposts in the future as it's really fun <3<3<3 





No comments:

Post a Comment