Tuesday 13 January 2015

Just another opinion on the Golden Globes 2015

Hello, so today's post is about my review on the golden globes, worst and best dressed. This year there were loads of beautiful couture's, gowns and jumpsuits etc. So this post involves more than one favourite and only two worst dressed.
So I better get started or this post will be very long!

Best: Allison Williams
Armani Prive, where do I begin? When I first saw this beautiful beaded gown I thought it was very different but in a good way. The bright red, the vintage Hollywood curls and the layered fabric just shouts elegance and pure class! She looks very comfortable, confident and stunning. Her makeup compliments amazingly with the dress because it is subtle however it still has got Hollywood glamour all over it. I love how her accessories are not the main focus and it is just aimed at the dress. So Armani Prive I bow down to you, your creation was a success!

Best: Emma Stone
Emma Stone turned up wearing a Lanvin embellished jumpsuit with an oversized bow on the side of her waist. She looked amazing in this black jumpsuit and the best part was the top half...the statement piece being the embellishments. It shouted feminine....sophisticated....fun.... and power! The cut of the trousers are perfect, not to long and not to short. The fitting around her legs make the outfit sophisticated as it is not loose fitting (baggy) and not too tight where it's like 'here are my legs' (if that makes sense?) She took a risk with the oversized bow however she pulled it off with her confidence!
 

Best: Dakota Johnson
I think a lot of people are sceptical with this look as it is a bit out there. However, this was the first gown I saw hit the red carpet and I fell in love. It might be the slit down her leg, or it might be the contrast in silver detailing from the top half to the skirt half. The way the dress goes in at the waist flatters Dakota's figure. She looks beautiful. She rocked up like a silver star?! She is wearing Chanel. The only issue I have with the overall look is the hair, I think if she had, had an up-do it would complete the overall look. As it just looks like she has brushed it and, BOOM, golden globes. 

Best: Margot Robbie
This look was all about being minimalistic, with the lack of jewellery, colour and makeup. However, she looked like an angel in this gown! The lack of jewellery allows us to focus on the emerald embellishments and the perfect slit down the dress as well as the deep V-neck. I have ran out of words to say with how perfect she looked but, my gosh didn't she look beautiful!? She was just on point with everything starting with the hair, makeup and then the stunning gown! The only negative thing I have to say are the heels...although they are the perfect colour and match her skin tone, they are too clumpy at the sole. But I loveeee this look overall!
 
 
Best: Jenna Dewan-Tatum
Well, well, well! Jenna looked BEAUTIFUL in this pastel lemon gown. The folded ruffle in the centre of the gown brings detail and individuality to the overall look. She looked stunning in the pastel yellow, it really matches her skin tone and black hair! Also the way the dress ends is flawless I love how it includes a little run, giving the gown a dressy up feeling. Also the layer at the chest adds definition to her figure. Again, she has gone for a minimal amount of jewellery which I like as it just shows the dress and how perfect it is. Her Jimmy Choo clutch completes the look with elegance!
 
Now here's to the worst...
Worst: Lana del Rey
What can I say? It looks like she has gone to a thrift shop and bought the most vintage dress she could find without thinking about the pleats, colour or material....Tell me if i'm being harsh but I didn't even know these dresses were still around? Lana Del Rey is gorgeous however this dress did not flatter her whatsoever...Sorry?
Worst: Rosamund Pike
The straps look like they will fall off due to how flimsy they are. The gown is too open for me with the cut outs,low V-neck and open straps.However, her makeup is flawless and Rosamund is beautiful. But the gown let her down.
So after this post I have noticed I need to find more words associating with beautiful? I hope you liked this post as much as I liked reviewing the dresses that were swarming the red carpet.
 
Hayley x

No comments:

Post a Comment