Tuesday 27 January 2015

My Tips On Creating The Perfect Wings

 
 
Creating the perfect wings takes time and ALOT of patients. I have only just managed to finally perfect the skill for myself, so I thought I would share with you my tips and tricks.

Now first of all, its about finding what type of wings suit your eye shape. This is something I found extremely difficult at first but once you know it gets a lot easier! So for my eye shape I have to have a small thin line across my lash line and then a small wing. If I didn't have hooded eyes then I could possibly go a bit thicker but because I have hooded eyes thin wings look a lot nicer. Also I don't have long voluminous lashes so if I was to go a bit thicker you wouldn't be able to see my lashes at all. (I am still yet to master the false lashes but I think that is something for another day).
To learn about your eye shape and what suits you whether that's eye shadow or liner then I really recommend buying the 'Bobbi Brown Everything eyes' book. It's great and includes such useful advice for all different eyes including makeup for glasses.

Next I suggest finding what you prefer to use to create the wings. Recently I have been loving the benefit they're real push up liner. However I do go over the liner with a black eyeshadow. 'Blackout' from the naked 2 palette is what I use in particular it's the blackest black ever.

After that I then start the risk-taking wing creating. I do this by starting with drawing a thin liner close to the lash line. Then I look forward into a mirror to draw the shape of the wing and this helps because you can see what shape will suit you with your eyes open. Looking straight into a mirror is my top tip for getting the right shape. Once you have done this then go ahead and slowly fill it in.


I hope this has given a few tips that has made you now want to practise those wings. All I am left to say is Good Luck.

 
Kirsty x

No comments:

Post a Comment